Everyday problems and awkward lifestyles may have given us something or not, but headaches are definitely given, and we are usually to blame ourselves. Waking up late at night, not eating a proper diet on time, being anxious most of the time, and many other things like this are the main reasons for our headaches.
Headaches are not a permanent illness, but in most cases, it detects an internal body disorder, from which a doctor can diagnose the real cause. You feel the pain in your head, and after diagnosis, you find that the source of the real pain is another part of your body. So, how can you stop headaches?Manage your stress because it causes headaches due to increased tension of your face and forehead muscles. Click To Tweet
Causes of headaches
- Stress causes headaches due to increased tension in the muscles of your face and forehead.
- Eye weaknesses and diseases, ear, nose, throat, and dental diseases may cause headaches.
- Excessive emotional, physical and mental fatigue, anger, anxiety, eye fatigue, careless diet, and indigestion cause migraine (migraine headaches).
- Straining your eyes while reading or sitting at a computer also cause headaches.
- Blood clots in the arteries of the brain cause headaches.
- Exposure to sunlight, especially in summer, loud sounds, and overpowering smells, also cause headaches.
- Dehydration by not drinking enough water is also a reason to cause headaches.
- Some pains are temporary, caused by lack of sleep or living in a place where there is no fresh air.
- Sometimes eating certain types of food may also cause headaches.
- Headaches may start due to digestive disorders.
People usually apply different types of balms and creams for treating their headaches. Using these balms and creams may give temporary relief, but in the long term, they may affect your brain cells.
The use of any medicine for headaches is beneficial for a few days, then the effect of this medicine slowly begins to wear off. Therefore, it is very important to find the cause of any pain, especially the headache, and then find a solution.
Tips to avoid headaches
- Excessive exertion, mental anxieties, waking up at night, and cholesterol-rich foods should be avoided.
- Sleep relieves all kinds of headaches and lowers blood sugar levels. You should try to relax in a quiet place for some time to get relief from your headache.
- Massaging the soles of the feet with olive oil while sleeping at night sometimes cures sudden headaches.
- People who suffer from chronic headaches may start chewing fennel at any time of the day.
- If you have a headache from a cold, putting both feet in warm water gives relief.
- Squeezing lemons in tea is also beneficial to stop headaches. If you have a headache, squeeze half a lemon in tea and drink it. You will get instant relief from your pain.
- Maintaining good posture and moving around during the day. Make sure your neck isn’t remaining stiff for a long time and that you are moving it around frequently.
- Get the right pillows for your sleep. You should be careful to evaluate your sleeping pillow. Your pillow is also a helpful source to avoid headaches.
- Stay consistent. Follow your regular schedule and try not to vary your daily diet, or your waking, sleeping, and exercise routines.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water. Dehydration can lead to headaches, so drink plenty of water, on average, 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day. Avoid drinking cold waters, use normal temperature water only.
- Manage your stress. Stress always builds up and causes your head to pound, so try to find ways to deal with it. Do some exercise, yoga, and some deep breathing when you feel stress creeping in.
- Drink a cup of warm bone broth twice a day. It may also help you in relieving headaches.
If your headache persists, consult your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor about the duration and frequency of headaches so that the condition does not become bothersome.